Friday, February 22, 2008

Here I am again. Off work at the moment having had 'average' surgery. I know, average, what's that supposed to mean? Well, my rationale for labelling it that way is that it wasn't minor, i.e not an ingrowing toe-nail or tonsils, and definitely not open-heart surgery which I would consider to be fairly major! Apparently I was in theatre for over 3 hours, luckily I have no recollection of what they got up to, all I do know is that it left me with a very sore tummy. Anyway, I shall be off work for at least 6 weeks, and since any physical activity is impossible at the moment, I am roving around my computer in an attempt to prevent myself from going totally mad.
All the grandchildren are growing rapidly. Jack, 4 in April, is at nursery 4 afternoons; Amy, 3 in May, is at nursery 2 mornings, Izzy, just 1, has mastered walking, looks like an angel but is a 'right little character'. Then there's the twins, Jamie and Louis, 6 months, still mirror images of each other and such hard work for daughter, life for her is non-stop, a 24 hour marathon every day.
I have an extremely important role in May, Mother of the Groom. Help. You would think that if you are a Grandmother you wouldn't be fazed by such a 'senior' part as that but I'm getting butterflies already, and there's still 3 months to go.

No comments: