Saturday, January 24, 2004

Well, we went shopping. It was the disaster I imagined. The expectant Mother, now 25 weeks into the incubation period, imagined that she could still buy the same type of clothes as before a baby weighing approx one and a half pounds and about 8 inches long lived in her tummy, and that she would still look the same. Needless to say she became very despondant and we ended up coming back with nothing except a pregnancy belly-bar ( this is a plastic dumbell which replaces the metal and jewelled accessories that some people are brave, or stupid, enough to have threaded through their navals ). Having to purchase the aforementioned bar was an indication of quickly pregnancy can alter the body. On Monday the daughter, complete with Expectant Grandmother/Mum/Midwife, went to see the GP for an antenatal, Doc asked when the bar was coming out, when it starts being a problem says daughter. By Thursday the bar was out as it had rubbed and caused a sore. Perhaps I should have mentioned before, I am, as well as being the expectant Grandmother, my daughters midwife. As the GP noted, quite an unusual situation. Not unknown though. My Mother was a midwife and she was my Sister's midwife in one of her pregnancies. No, I did not have my Mum. What do you think I am - weird!

No comments: